.a23t.mk4e.plist

Reaction score
Keep getting errors when trying to fix permissions on my macbook pro. I've also noticed general slow downs with applications and network. I've been a Mac user since 1987 and an Apple user even longer and this is a wholly new and frustrating experience...

Using Drive Genius and get the error:

/Users/user/Library/Preferences/.a23t.mk4e.plist:
Conversion of data failed. The file is not UTF-8, or in the encoding specified in XML header if XML.

Any help / advice would be appreciated - Thanks,

Sanj

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Have you tried dragging the preference file to the desktop and rebooting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Keep getting errors when trying to fix permissions on my macbook pro. I've also noticed general slow downs with applications and network. I've been a Mac user since 1987 and an Apple user even longer and this is a wholly new and frustrating experience...

Using Drive Genius and get the error:

/Users/user/Library/Preferences/.a23t.mk4e.plist:
Conversion of data failed. The file is not UTF-8, or in the encoding specified in XML header if XML.

Any help / advice would be appreciated - Thanks,

Sanj

Hi

Did you ever figure out how to remedy this? I've been experiencing slowness on my Mac Pro, and DiskWarrior identified the culprit as a file having the *exact* same name as yours, but I can't even find it to delete (set Finder to include System Files and Invisible Files, but no love).

It's supposed to be in the username/library/prefs but it's like it doesn't really exist (apart from causing problems). :Grimmace:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.