thinking of selling up all my PC gear and getting a Mac

Reaction score
Heya, I am thinking of selling up all my PC gear and going MAC.

I am thinking of having a setup like this:
MacBook 2.4ghz 13" laptop
24" monitor, something like Buy SAMSUNG T240 Rose Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monit at PlayTech.co.nz I dont really want to fork out $1500 for the Mac screen

Questions:
Can you run an extended desktop on a mac?

Also could i get a bluetoth mouse and keyboard and use this setup as a dektop

How do you connect a DVI input up to a mac

Is there an apple product that I can get that will connect to my home theater amp so I can stream videos and music to the home theater.

Cheers

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

There is a $500 difference between the 2.0 and 2.4ghz MacBook. do you guys think I should save up some more and get the 2.4......? Will the extra 400mhz really make alot of difference? I know an increase of 400 mhz on a PC does next to nothing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
You get a backlit keyboard too...so worth $500 =]]]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Yeah you can do all that. I have a Samsung 22" external. Brilliant monitor, run extended vertically when I'm at home. I have the 2.0GHz version and it is pretty speedy, especially with 3Gig RAM and latest Leopard. We all want the fastest computer for the (NZ) buck but you have to weigh all the components. I don't think you'll miss 400MHz too much.

Reaction score
400 bucks extra for 400mhz and backlit key board????? so not worth it. put that money toward a 28inch screen. at least the screen price will not drop like a rock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Yes but hard drives are stupid easy to upgrade on Macbooks and cheap. You can get the 2.0ghz with the 180 and with the money you saved you can buy a couple of 500gig drives and a couple of enclosures, replace the internal and have a terabyte+ between the three of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.