Cannot Import to Address Book

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 24" iMac - OS X 10.5.6 and 1 17"Macbook Pro same OS
I have been working for several days now to import a large excel file of names and addresses to my addressbook.app. NO JOY!

I have created several different .csv files, .txt files and of course the original .xls files (which I know cannot be imported directly into addressbook.

However, once I start the import process and the "Text File Import" window comes up I can click on the (->) arrow at the bottom of the window and see te first and all the subsequent listings as they should appear. But when I click on the "OK" button to complete the import, nothing happens. I mean nothing.

It doesn't matter if I leave everything as it first shows up or if I match the Addressbook fields with the .txt file or .csv file fields... either way it won't import.

It also doesn't matter if I leave the "Ignore First Card" selection box empty or if I check it... simply NOTHING HAPPENS.

This is getting extremely frustrating... can someone help?

Please?

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
I am having the same problem, if that makes you feel any better. I have had no problems doing this in the past so I'm not sure what's going on. Hopefully there is an easy fix...if I find out, I will let you know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.