My mac mini has slowed down

Reaction score
It seems my mac mini has slowed down for some unknown reason. Its only slow while browsing the net. I have wireless in the house which is located in the basement and my mini is upstairs. Its been that way from day one when it was faster so I don't think that's the problem. Its not downloading anything at the time and I haven't added any programs that should have slowed it down. I was just wondering if there was any tricks to speed it back up that I don't know of. My friend's mini is still as fast as the day he bought it and his is two years older than mine. Mine is just over a year old and is the on with the superdrive. Any help? Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would first try relocating the wireless transmitter (router) to an upstairs room to see if your browsing speed improves. Also try cleaning out your browser cache. While Safari is running (assuming you're using Safari) click on the "Safari" top menu item and then select "reset Safari". Be careful to only select those items you wish to remove.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.