attachments on mail

ajw

Reaction score
i am new to mac and so far i am a convert. however, i am having a problem with email attachments. i have tried all ways that i can find to attach a photo from iPhoto to an email as an attachment rather than as part of the message. nothing seems to work. whenever my message arrives there is no attachment just the photo within the body of the message, even though my sent message shows there is an attachment. is there a setting that i am missing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
The user getting the image should still be able to download and save the file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Yeah, if their mail program can't include the image in the body, it will appear as an attachment for download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
This can be very inconvenient at times, especially if you are sending multiple attachments. You can manually ctrl-click on each attachment and select "View as Icon". Or you can try this plugin which works well.

Lokiware: Mail Attachments Iconizer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.