TrackPad Issues in BootCamp XP

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to Macs as of Feb 09 when I bought a Mac Book White.
The IT guys at work installed a copy of Windows XP for me which I access through Bootcamp.

As a lot of people seem to be finding, my trackpad doesn't work. No button click, no pointer movement, nothing. When I check the driver in Control Panel it says the driver is not working and when I go to repair the driver it attempts to then says it was unable to.

I used the Mac OSx disc to repair the drivers in XP but this has had no effect. I went on the mac website and downloaded the file Apple MTTUpdate but when I run it I get the error 'This Update is not Meant for this Computer' or something of that nature, which Mac says occurs if you try and install it on the wrong kind of computer.

Can anybody help?

Thanks!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you inserted your Leopard disk and installed all the drivers for Windows XP? Did you read the Boot Camp Installation and Setup Guide? (PDF)

Read the guide and follow its instructions about installing drivers. Link

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
HI thanks for the advice, I'll read the manual.
To be honest I've been very reliant on the knowledge of the guys at work, although I'm proud to say I got the wireless working myself!lol

Question on the Leopard disk...yes that was the first thing I tried and it worked in enabling things like the eject cd button that wasn't working before, but not the track pad. When I put the dc in, it comes up with the three options, of which I chose install drivers, but all three refer to doing this on a macbook air. Have they given me the wrong leopard CD? The air drivers are different to those supposedly supplied with the macbook when I checked the website.
Cheers
Ralph

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, they gave you the wrong DVD. You'll need the DVD install set specific for your MacBook. It should be a set of two DVDs and are colored grey.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks I'll chase Mac up on that. I have both the apps and OS DVDs but I think as you say they've given me Air rather than White! doh!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.