PowerBook Keys (occasionally) not working

Reaction score
Hello, I was referred to this site as somewhere where I could get help from Mac users in the know.

I have a PowerBook (15 inch, 1.67 gHz, 512 mb memory) and just recently some of the keys are not working properly all of the time. I started noticing this with the eject key first, then the left "apple" key. Now, the space bar, the delete key, all four arrow keys, and a few other keys on the right side of the keyboard. As a matter of fact, I am noticing how many keys are occasionally not working as I'm typing this and realizing they aren't working. What's weird is that they work sometimes, so it's not like the circuitry is bad or anything. I have not spilled anything on the keyboard and have babied this thing!

Do any of you know what this may be or does this problem sound familiar to anyone here? I hope this isn't the beginning of the end!

Please help!

Reaction score
This happened to me a year or so ago. I just pressed each key firmly in the middle of the key several times for about a second each time and it seemed to go away. Try to put equal pressure on the whole key and it usually straightens up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.