Airport connection problems

Reaction score
recently all the routers in my dorm asploded and we got new ones and for some reason my macbook pro's airport has a **** of a time connecting to any of them. For a long time I had to borrow wireless internet from the neighboring dorm because the school took forever to fix ours. My macbook has a lot of trouble connecting to their network, it fails to connect and I have to tell it to retry many many times before it will actually work. Now our own router is fixed but my macbook has still never been able to connect to that network, if I want to get wireless in my dorm I still have to hope I can connect to the neighbors wifi.

It has no problem at all connecting to the networks on campus or anywhere else.

My PC has no problems connecting to the new wireless in my dorm or the neighbors wireless through it's linksys card and my roommate's macbook pro, the exact same model and make as mine, has no problems connecting to the neighbors wifi or our new wifi. Unfortunately I havent been able to examine my roommates macbook but I can only imagine that my macbook's airport has some sort of setting that makes it almost impossible for it to connect to these new networks.

Anyone have any idea what that setting could be or whats going on?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.