restart my mac and now its stuck at the apple logo

Reaction score
macbook (late2008) 13" only been 3-4 months since i had this computer

so i restart my mac and now its stuck at the apple logo, then it restarts by itself after 2-3 min. i did fsck -fy. but said my hard drive is fine. tried rebooting in safe mode. didnt work.
Oh and.. same time my optical drive failed. If i put any CD in, it tries to read, but ejects every time. i did the command option p + r thing. didn't work. so i cant even put my freeeakin osx disc in to fix my dang problem, w.e it is.

this is my 2nd time happening to me!!! not the optical disc. but getting stuck on the start up screen. I just installed osx again. but since my optical drive fails. what the heck am i suppose to do!? apple store?

so i went to the apple store today. took like an hour cause of traffic. was late 10mins. and they told me reschedule an appointment. -_- next available day is Two days from now.. wow... lots of macs need repairing huh.. hmm i look around and there's like 5 "Geniuses" standing, doing nothing.. They could be fixing my mac book! hello!?!?

thank God i can still run vista on my Mac.

any idea on how to fix my optical drive? and im pretty sure iits not the dust.

Reaction score
Try booting into safe mode. To boot into safe mode hold down shift until you see the gray apple with the spinning wheel below it. If it boots into safe mode fine the try restarting it. It sounds too simple to work, but it fixed my imac when it bricked installing 10.4.11. Hope this works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And if no joy there, try zapping the PRAM by holding down Command, Option, P and R keys altogether immediately after the chime. Keep them held down until after the third set of chimes.

Keep us posted.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yess.. I've tried this yesterday >.< seems like there is no hope
But, ill try again right now.....

OP
J
Reaction score
So, no luck... I just bought a external. So when i get it, ill just back up everything and then send my macbook to the mac store T.T
thanks for trying to help guys :]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
Unplug everything out of the USB/Firewire ports and try again, sometimes my Imac has problems if I restart it with my Line 6 KB 37 plugged in, it does the same thing as yours.

OP
J
Reaction score
mmm, didn't work.
Thanks though... thought that might have been the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83ghz
Well sorry I can't offer any solutions but what's really bad is the service you received at the apple store, doesn't sound like they are standing by their product are they. I understand being late and it's busy but if they have nothing else to do I don't see why they couldn't help you. Chances are you are going to go back and all they are going to do is take your macbook and work on it for a week or two and call you when it's fixed. They could have done that when you took it in the first time. If it were me I would be on apple's website reporting the way I was treated at that particular store. For the money we spend on apple products we certainly deserve better service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.