Preview is cutting off pdf's at margins

Reaction score
hi everyone.

whenever i use Preview (v 4.1) to print certain pdfs, it often cuts off the bottom line (eg page numbers, last line of figure captions) which is really frustrating. :Shouting:

i know it's not the printer's problem because i can print the same document in Adobe Acrobat on my Windows side (via Bootcamp) without any cutoff. Adobe has the "center" and "fit to scale" options or smthg like that in the print window, which was checked.

in Preview's print window, the print preview image looks just fine with no cutoff, but it never prints out that way. i think the problem may be in the lack of proper centering and fitting to scale in Preview in contrast to Adobe. i read somewhere that Preview likes to scale the pdf not around the center (which would prevent any bottom margin cutoff) but around a corner (like the bottom left corner, leaving the bottom margin problem unchanged).

anyone else hav this problem? i cant find the solution anywhere! :Shouting:

i would appreciate any helpful suggestions. i really would like to resolve this within Preview. i dont want to hav to download the bloated Adobe on my Mac side. Also i really like Preview except for this issue.

thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.