OSX disc burning

Reaction score
Ok so i have the Operating System discs for 10.4. A few weeks ago i lost them at my friends house and didn't find it til a few days ago. I was really worried because thats everything! I wanted to prevent that from happening by burning a backup. So i made a disk image from the original disc and noticed that it would highlight the option to burn. Its not a burnable cd is it? If not im putting it in a safe lol. Thanks all.

OP
B
Reaction score
Yea i did all of that but the button to click "Burn" is not selectable. DVD is blank, the disc image is clean and free of errors but it still wont let me do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You do not supply any model details in your avatar. Does your Mac actually have a DVD burner? Go to About this Mac and check under Disc Burning.

OP
B
Reaction score
Firmware Revision: FCQ5
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported)
Cache: 2048 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL
Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes
Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, DVD-DAO
Media:
Media Type: DVD-ROM
Blank: No
Erasable: No
Overwritable: No
Appendable: No

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
erm...

I have no idea why it isn't working but maybe let the open source Burn have a go

Burn - Home
edit: in the top forum buttons, select profile - you can fill in any details there

OP
B
Reaction score
I had the open source burn but it would always close with an error report and never work. I have a thread about that too actually lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.