Bluetooth Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz Aluminum Unibody Macbook
Today my bluetooth went out when I tried to connect my mighty mouse. I went to check in system preferences to see if the bluetooth was turned off for whatever reason and I noticed that the bluetooth wasn't even in the system preferences. I search for "bluetooth" in the system preferences and a message window popped up saying:

"The Bluetooth tab of Keyboard & Mouse preferences is hidden because you don't have a Bluetooth module installed or attached to your computer."

So I just did a fresh Leopard install and it's still doing the same thing. Anyone know what's going on? What should I do?

Btw, it's a 2.4ghz Aluminum model. I do have the 3 year AppleCare too, but I wanted to see if there's any easy fix before I call them.

I just want to use my mighty mouse! :Shouting: :[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I would say that you need to take it to the Apple Store with your MM and demonstrate it to the geniuses. They'll take one look at it, note you have Apple Care, and have it fixed pretty quick. Maybe not right then and there but it won't cost you anything.

In my experience the bluetooth either works and works right, or it doesn't because something is broke. I think you have a broke one. Apple will get you back in business.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz Aluminum Unibody Macbook
Bwahaha, I figured it out. After further googling, I searched for "macbook bluetooth not in system preferences" and it led me to an article in Apple's own website. The solution to this problem was to reset the PRAM and NVRAM: Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM

Worked like a charm. The only weird thing is why the fresh OS install didn't fix this. I guess it was a problem with the Macbook itself. Looks like I'll have to cancel tomorrow's Genius Bar appt. :D

Reaction score
i hve the same problem coz my wireless keyboard disconnects all the time and i get the blinking green light on my wireless keyboard. and i keep reseting the pram nvram

Reaction score
i had the same problem, ill try your solution to see if it works for me.
i need my mm to work again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
i had the same problem a year ago using someone's macbook i happened to have a usb bluetooth card and plugged it in to use it and the internal bluetooth began to work again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.