Airport Dropping out Constantly Scanning

Reaction score
The title says it all.... my new imac. 20 in, 250 gig hd, 2.4 ghz machine running newest version of os keeps dropping the internet signal. I am using a netgear router hooked up to my older dell which runs on xp. That computer is having NO problems (I am using it now to be honest!). I have switched routers trying to fix this issue without any improvement. I tried apple once and they werent much help but I am going to call back soon if I cant figure it out. I have heard of this issue happening with other mac users, especially a little wave of people who have made new purchases recently.

Anyone have this issue and fix it?

Anyone have any advice?

Reaction score
I am having the same problem (as are hundreds of Macbook Pro users who recently upgraded to Leopard). On other forums, I have seen suggested, potential fixes, e.g., remove the airport icon from the menu bar, delete all networks from your preferences except for your own, etc., but none of them has worked for me.

I have a Linksys router and am wondering if anyone out there has had this problem with Apple's Time Capsule. My father has Time Capsule and has not (yet) encountered this problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.