itunes bad upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / Version 10.6.2
Hello,
I downloaded the new version of itunes the other day, but when i tried to run it, it said it needs quicktime 7.3.1 or later in order to work. So I downloaded quicktime 7.3.1 but when I try to run it, it says I need Mac OS X version 10.4.10. I don't really want to buy the new operating system right now, is there anyway I can "un-upgrade" my itunes so it runs on an older version and will work on my computer? (im running 10.4.9)
Thanks
David

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 1.8GHz PowerPC G5, 2GB DDR SDRAM/(2) iPod 3gs 15&30GB/iPod Nano 4g 15GB/iPod Classic 6g 120GB
It does sound like you need to at least go back to the other version of iTunes you had the other day, do you remember which version that was?

I sympathize. I had a similar situation where I accidentally forced myself into a corner and it seemed like I had to upgrade everything. I bought my daughters new iPods. We were running Panther (10.3.9), so imagine. Tried hooking up a new iPod and iTunes said NOPE, NOT HAPPENING must upgrade. So what choice did I have? Leopard is pretty cool though. But all for the love of a couple new iPods.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / Version 10.6.2
do you know if i can download an older version of itunes and try to "upgrade" my current, non-working itunes 8 to the older version??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 1.8GHz PowerPC G5, 2GB DDR SDRAM/(2) iPod 3gs 15&30GB/iPod Nano 4g 15GB/iPod Classic 6g 120GB
There are two ways I can think of.
1. Find an older but not too old version of iTunes stuck on a CD-ROM (I think iLife '08 has version 7.x)
2. If you can remember what version you had you can scour the internet looking for that version or at least one that is close to it hopefully from someone or some site that proves to be reputable - and download it. I am assuming it was version 7.x but not 8, right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.