Logic Express or Logic Studio?

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm going to order an iMac within the next couple days, (for dedicated audio). As some of you might've already seen, I'm a noob, and I'll just be a home hobbyist.

Question is:
Do I get Logic Studio, or just Logic Express and maybe upgrade later?

I can't decide. I'll leave it in your hands. ;D :Cool:

Thanks!
- D

Reaction score
Logic Express has more entry level features and simplicity, so I'd recommend that as a starter. Go through the tutorials or however you plan to train and THEN decide whether or not to upgrade.
Bob

OP
L
Reaction score
Logic Express has more entry level features and simplicity, so I'd recommend that as a starter. Go through the tutorials or however you plan to train and THEN decide whether or not to upgrade.
Bob
Hello Bob,

Thanks very much for your reply! I actually did decide to just go with Logic Express preinstalled for now, (ordered a 24" iMac over the weekend. Woo-hoo!).. I figured I could indeed upgrade later.

Looking forward to firing this bad boy up and kicking some jams!

Best,
- d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 Macbook Pro, 2.5, 200GB 7200rpm HDD, 4GB RAM- 24" iMac 2.9, 1TB HDD, 4GB, 2 iPhones, 3 iPods
Does logic express have any of the live performance feature like studio? I play in a band and would like to start experimenting with loops. I know studio has the main stage feature but does express have anything similar?

OP
L
Reaction score
Does logic express have any of the live performance feature like studio? I play in a band and would like to start experimenting with loops. I know studio has the main stage feature but does express have anything similar?
Hey jcmoore2,

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question (I'll know by next week though).

Hopefully someone here will know the answer. But I'll poke around in the meantime and see if I can find out for you.

You may have some luck by checking out SFLogicNinja's youtube Logic tutorial channel...

YouTube - SFLogicNinja's Channel

Peace,
- d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 Macbook Pro, 2.5, 200GB 7200rpm HDD, 4GB RAM- 24" iMac 2.9, 1TB HDD, 4GB, 2 iPhones, 3 iPods
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
No, Mainstage only comes with Studio, if you need to drive a lot of midi instruments and midi patches for guitars, it's the way to go!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 13" MacBook
Logic Studio is ridiculously cheap when purchased with an education discount (in the UK anyway, not sure how it works out in the US) so I'd never bother with Express.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.