HUGE con with the new shuffle.

Reaction score
The new shuffle looks great. I was mesmerized when I first saw it online. BUT! With the new control set-up, you can only use Apple's stock headphones to control it!!! And let's face it, they're not too great! So to use the new shuffle, one can't use better headphones! What a bummer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
There are other headphones already in the works and they should be out soon.

OP
I
Reaction score
Even so, use would still be limited to those headphones. And for someone who wants nice headphones, they have to spend more money to buy the nice new ones even though they may already have a great pair. This will definitely deter people from buying the new shuffle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Isn't there supposed to be an adapter coming out as well that can control the shuffle?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Pretty much, yeah.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
new shuffle = vaporware.

normal shuffle is just about the same size, plus it has real controls. your not locked into buying new headphones or using thiers.

ill pass on the new shuffle disaster. im sure apple wont notice though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
new shuffle = vaporware.

wha? it's actually for sale, no?

Looks like someone doesn't know the definition of Vaporware:

Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product. The term implies unwarranted optimism, an as yet unannounced abandonment of a project, or sometimes even deception; that is, it may imply that the announcer knows that product development is in too early a stage to support responsible statements about its completion date, feature set, or even feasibility. However, most vaporware would not be considered a hoax since the makers have a genuine intention to create their product, even if it ultimately never materializes. Products with unspecified release dates or long development times that outwardly demonstrate regular, verifiable progress in production are not normally labelled vaporware.

Reaction score
would be great if the new shuffle come with an extra pair of headphones.

I tend to destroy mine (by dragging them on the floor/stepping on them) every couple months.

And I would love to see the apple logo not only on the clipper :)

Reaction score
I just thought about it, can't you just switch the shuffle on and then music would start playing or do you still need to press the headphone button to get the music started? If you only used the shuffle headphones to turn the music up and down and to go forward and backwards then it's not such a deal breaker?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.