Water Spill on Keyboard

Reaction score
So, i know there are quite a few other posts about water damage in a macbook, but wanted to ask about my specific issue.

I spilled a fair amount of water on the lower left/lower middle of the keyboard. The battery was low at the time and the computer immediately shut off. I got the water off pretty quickly, removed the battery and turned the computer over to dry overnight.

The next day, I tried turning it on (I know now that I should have waited longer) and it got halfway through the startup and then just died. The battery won't charge now, even though the light on the adaptor comes on.

Am I screwed? Is there anything I can try before just taking it to the mac store and hoping for a relatively inexpensive repair?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
If you know you should have waited longer, why did you even bother trying it?

Hate to say it, but you're probably hooped and at Apple's mercy, which won't be cheap!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13in MBP
yup man should've waited a couple days you could try still waiting a couple days then try to boot it up. But if that doesn't work when you take it to apple your warranty will be voided and they will charge you around 800+ dollars to fix it. It would be cheaper to buy a new macbook and sell your old one for parts on ebay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.