• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

have you ever missed your ex-girlfriend so much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz core 2 duo, 4bg ram, 120g hdd
that it drove you to drink every night. i can honestly say that i am a complete wreck because of her.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm sure most of us have been there to one degree or another. I've had my share of obsessions with ex-gfs... it can be very tough letting go of someone you really cared about. Heck, my first gf I went back and forth with for years even though she'd completely treat me like junk and even deny to our common friends that we were even talking about dating again. I put myself through that for probably 4 years... over a relationship that originally lasted about 4 months, just because it was a good one at the time and all I knew of in relationships at the time. I couldn't tell you how many dating opportunities I blew off on her account that could have went really well... all over the memory of a good time that I couldn't shake.

First thing you have to realize is that engaging in self-destructive behavior won't make her running back to your arms. If anything, it may reinforce her decision to leave you (assuming she merely left you). And it won't endear you to anyone else. You have to find the strength and the will to shrug it off, be a better man, and prove in the long run that it's her loss, even if it winds up only being the next love of your life who sees that your ex is the loser. My ex-gfs have no clue how good I have it today with my wife, and I really don't care. My wife knows they lost out and that's all that matters in the end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Speaking as someone who just ended a 4+ year relationship (I'm gay but the logic still applies), I can honestly say that you have to stand up for what you want because no one else is going to do it for you.

If you aren't happy with your current situation then you have to do whatever it takes to ensure that you end up being happy. Far too often (and this was my problem), we become complacent about our relationships and let them continue to drone on because they're "comfortable" and it would obviously take more energy to change and be happy, than to just carry on and be unhappy.

With regards to the OP though, it really sounds like you just need some time to yourself without a drink, and without any reminders of her. Take time to get in touch with yourself again and figure out what it is that you want. Once you've realized the things that you want from a relationship, take another look at your ex and judge her by that criteria. If you really think she's still the one, but she is unwilling to work with you on the relationship then you need to cut your losses and find someone else who will treat you as you deserve.

Everyone deserves to have that one special person that they just click with. You should know right away in your heart that you've found the right person when it happens. Never settle for second best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
The hardest part is going from on tap poon to having to go find it yourself. That's what I missed the most. But it was better that way because she was cheating on me and I'd rather not think of what I could have got from her if I would have stayed with her.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
Not that I would drink every night, being that I don't drink. But I get the idea, my girlfriend of 2 years is currently living in the Caribbean for Vet School... I get to see her once every 6 months or so for about 4 days. It sucks and she still has another 2 years left down there. *sigh* I do miss her. But yea, drinking doesn't bring her any closer to you it'll probably drive her further from you. Good luck with that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Nope. I move forward, not back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Speaking as someone who just ended a 4+ year relationship (I'm gay but the logic still applies),...

That was hilarious. Great post!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Girls come and go.

Reaction score
I've been there, and it takes a WHILE to get over. It still bothers me to this day!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The hardest part is going from on tap poon to having to go find it yourself. That's what I missed the most. But it was better that way because she was cheating on me and I'd rather not think of what I could have got from her if I would have stayed with her.

Bravo! Outstanding Post!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Not sure that he was going for hilarity there. Did you mean the post just below it?

I just thought it was funny/sad that in this day and age he/she even had to mention that. I thought he/she was making a funny. And the post was right on. It was a compliment and nothing more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I just thought it was funny/sad that in this day and age he/she even had to mention that. I thought he/she was making a funny. And the post was right on. It was a compliment and nothing more.

I mentioned it simply because it's who I am, and I'm very proud of that. No funny was intended.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I mentioned it simply because it's who I am, and I'm very proud of that. No funny was intended.

I see what mdfuller was saying... I was thinking the same thing. I'm heterosexual and proud of it, but I didn't feel the need to make a point of it as a qualifying statement. It's wholly irrelevant.

Reaction score
I've got the opposite problem. My ex-girlfriendmisses me, while I am in a perfect relationship with another woman right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I've got the opposite problem. My ex-girlfriendmisses me, while I am in a perfect relationship with another woman right now.

That is the only time I have ever had an ex miss me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i was morbidly depressed and got heavily into drugs after one girl broke up with me. i was in a bad state for what seemed like a really long time. nothing mattered to me. i was a terrible mess. one day i met my wife who i have been with for almost 12 years. i can honestly say that she saved my life. i have done a 180 turn around. like someone else in this post said, "Women come and go." there is someone else out there that will make you feel the same way or better than your ex. your liveliness and your health are not worth the pain and suffering that you are putting your self through. please seek some help. we are always here for you. you need to be proactive in the recovery process.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.