Help, please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I just recently bought an iPod touch. When I use it to either read a book, surf the internet, or use an app about 10 mintues after using it it will start to go hay wire. The "slide to unlock" screen will come on, or the "slide to power off" screen will come up, or the volume will show up, go up to the highest setting and not let me turn it down. I am not sure what is wrong with it?? It worked fine the first week or so, then I put the "best skins ever" on it and it's done this. Did some water get into it??? I followed their directions to a T so I dont' know what could be wrong??? Any ideas?? I have restored it to factory settings hoping that it was just an app that made it go weird.

Any help or ideas would be really appreciated.

Thank you!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Mine was a little flakey when I first bought it - that is, until I did a full factory restore on it. After that, it's been smooth sailing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.