Next iPod to have better batteries?

Reaction score
I keep thinking about what's going to be in the next iPod. Something just keeps jumping out at me about those iPod batteries. I know that you get the best battery life if you only listen to music but videos and games drain my battery so quickly. When they switched to using lithium polymer batteries for the 17' Macbook Pro I thought it'd be great if they added the same technology to the iPod to extend its battery life. They said they can mold the battery into whatever size they want with the polymer technology so I hope they put it in the next iPods. They currently use lithium ion technology. Will the next iPods have better battery life? What do you think? This is all just speculation.

Reaction score
It's not like they'll be worse. Battery life has steadily increased throughout the iPod line.

OP
L
Reaction score
I don't know. It just seems like as the size gets bigger the battery life stays the same as they just add other features. So far they only have the iPod running music for 24 hours before it dies. I'm sure they can go higher than that.

Reaction score
what about a solar battery? :D

Would be nice, but what about people not living in California? :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.