MacBook Blu-ray Question?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
Sorry guys if this is a stupid question, but it keeps me up at night lol. I had a old 2.2GHz MacBook Pro from Early 2007, and I just recently upgraded to a 2.4 GHz UniBody MacBook Pro. We all know that at some point in the future the MacBook Pro's will have Blu-ray, we just do not know when. I am positive that the new Unibody MacBook Pro's design is here to stay for the coming years. My question is do you think it will be possible to have our MBP's get the upgraded hardware to play/burn blu-ray disks maybe by a third party? I no this is not gonna happen anytime soon. But I plan on keeping this UMBP for the next 3-4 years and couldn't hold out. What do you guys think?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It may require more than just simply replacing the current superdrive with a blue ray drive. You'll have to wait and see if a future line of new Macs will support blue ray. Of course you can always opt for an external blue ray drive if you find out they're not interchangeable.

Regards.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
We all know that at some point in the future the MacBook Pro's will have Blu-ray, we just do not know when.
Blu-ray support for Mac could be a long way away. An upgrade, if it ever did happen, would probably be very expensive. It would be best, as
chscag stated, to go with an external BR player.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13in MBP
Its not gonna happen any time soon not even 3-4 years I dont think Apple think its worth it. Plus adding that will be more cost and theyll need to shrink down the drives to the size of current super drives.

Reaction score
new thread you need to restart message

HELP PLEASE

I have a macbook air purchased in Jan 2009 I was in i tunes and a message appeared, updates to download (10), I clicked to download, as it was taking so long I went out. On return the screen was black, I shut down using the power button and tried to restart. Message appears -
you need to restart your computer (in 4 languages) press restart or hold power switch down for several seconds.
When I do so laptop shuts down but when I attempt to restart same message appears.

Reaction score
I believe you will have to open a new thread for this question, as far as this thread's concerned, you're off-topic...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.