Broken network card:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC G4 Digital Audio,466 MHz, 768 SDRAM
hi,

i live in university halls with no wireless connection and have found out that the newtwork input for my Mac g4 audio visual is broken.

when i plug in a wire it says that there is nothing plugged in but when i use a wire into somebody elses laptop it woks fine. the system settings are all right.

however i cant simply change the network card becuase it is a part of the motherboard!

is there any way i can get some sort of external USB or firewire network adapter or something? or even get an internal one to work on my mac?

many thanks

sussanne

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, you can buy a USB network adapter for your G4. Try this Link.

Note: The above is wireless only. I could not find a straight USB network adapter that was not wireless. You can always use this adapter with a wireless router, however. Which I suggest you do anyway.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC G4 Digital Audio,466 MHz, 768 SDRAM
hi, i found a USB to ethernet wire adapter, they sell them in most good electrical stores to any future readers, for around £20

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.