Help with custom printing app

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am hoping to commission the programming of a custom app for printing in OSX, and have been struggling to find anyone who can help via Google! Maybe there's someone here that can help or point me in the direction of someone who can?

I am a freelance music copyist and part of my job involves printing out huge piles of sheet music. I use both of the main applications in the field, Sibelius and Finale. I am hoping to find (or commission the creation of) a small OSX application to automate some of the process.

The sheet music is all in A4 portrait page size, but when there are 2 or more pages, I print it out 2up onto A3 to save taping the 2 pages together. The process of setting the correct page sizes and printing out different page sizes is, as you can imagine, a cumulatively lengthy one. I would like to be able to set everything to A4 portrait, and then have an application print it on the appropriate page size and orientation - this would include printing a 3 page file onto 1 A3 2up and 1 A4 1up.

I would envisage the application presenting itself as a virtual printer (much like Adobe Acrobat), and would intercept the print job, process it, then print it. Maybe a simple dialog could be useful where the user could choose the printer and trays. American paper sizes would be useful as well.

I have a little programming experience, and have written some of the plugins that are included in the Sibelius software - these are written in the in-built programming language, a Simkin variation called ManuScript. OSX applications are, however, beyond me, and I could use some help!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.