Battery life increase for uni-macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - Core i7 @ 2.66ghz
Do you guys think its a safe guess to say that apple is going to release a new, longer-lasting battery, for the unibody macbook since they have the new macbook pro's battery at holding an 8-hour charge?? I could only assume that a slimmed down version of that battery would hold a stupidly long charge; but maybe the current macbooks already have a slimmed down version....im just curious??

It just seems like this is sumthing Apple would do with their first revamp of the uni-macbooks; that is, adding a longer-lasting battery.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I don't see it. Even if they did, it would be for the 15" pros. Consumers don't really need super long life batteries. Why no just buy another battery?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - Core i7 @ 2.66ghz
i mean i dont need a new battery, i was just assuming that they would do this for the macbooks, seeing as HP(or some laptop company) has a laptop with the battery lasting almost 12 hours. So i just figured that if apple had found a break-through on battery powe rafter their uni-macbook release, that they would eventually incorporate this into the revamp of the uni-macbook.

Like i said, i was just curious as to what people thought about this??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13in MBP
What laptops have a 12 hour battery life no consumer notebook has a 12 hour battery life and no they wont do it cause like the poster above me said most consumers dont need all that Plus it will drive the Costs up and we wont have a user replaceable ram/hd/battery

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.