Help! Hard drive Upgrade Probs

T

tajii

Hi guys,

I'm a g4 user from Australia and I am currently trying to upgrade my 10gig hard drive to a 96gig. After installing the new hardrive and closing up the tower i tried to turn the computer on. But nothing happens when either the power button on the tower or the power button on the keyboard is pressed. Absolutely nothing! Does anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
have you made sure all connection s are secure? what did you set the drive as? it should be master if its replacing the original one, have you formatted it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
One trick might be the PMU button on the motherboard...on the G4's its a little ?black button near the CPU. Helped on many a computer that just wouldnt respond to the power button if everything's securely attached

OP
T

tajii

Thanks guys but I've tried all of your suggestions and still no luck. Though i forgot to mention before that i put my old harddrive back in to see if there was a problem with the new one but my computer still did not power up on turning it on. I'm thinking it might be the power suppply. Oh and no its not formatted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.