Help publishing from iWeb...

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I know this has been a frustrating and frequent question for many people, but could anyone PLEASE help me with STEP-BY-STEP instructions of how to publish my iWeb site without buying the .mac subscription? I would be willing to buy a domain or web hosting (whatever those are!) if needed!

I am new to mac... I just switched last year. I absolutely LOVE the iWeb site I created (for my wedding this year), but would like to post it on a different domain.

I am using iWeb 2008 and have figured out how to publish/save the site to a folder, but am lost from there.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Well, from there, you need to upload it to some hosting provider.

Depending on your internet provider, they may give you some webspace with your account (although, this is becoming less common these days). Once you have the info about your hosting account, you can then transfer your locally published files (what you published to a folder) to your website.

Now, the transfer method you'll use will depend on your hosting provider. You may have to use FTP, you may have to use a web interface they provide or you may have access to a webdav enabled provider, allowing you to mount a folder that you can access via your finder and just copy the files there.

The exact details of getting your new site online will all depend on where it will be hosted and the methods they offer for transferring your data to their servers.

There are a variety of free services out there for hosting - unfortunately, since I either host at my own location or pay for a hosting service, I don't know who is the best or what is currently offered for free hosting. I'm sure a search at google will give a variety of options.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.