Strange Issue with Google - niencos3432d.cn

Reaction score
I'm running the most up to date version of Leopard. I've been running Firefox, but after downloading an update it continually hangs up. So, I switched over to Safari. Google is my home page. For the past 72 hours or so, I noticed that when I open Safari to my google page I get a greyed out page with a bizarre message about my google page containing malware. The error message also contained these words: blocked access to malicious site niencos3432d.cn (I don't even know where the niencos3432d.cn comes from! I neither visited nor laid eyes on that link until the error message appeared). It looks like no error message I've ever seen; and at first I thought it might be a scam to sell some type of spyware killer. I've searched to see if anyone else reported something similar but I am not finding anything. I have run exhaustive scans to be sure I have not picked up anything but the scans are negative. Any ideas??? :\ :Angry-Tongue:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.