How to delete owner picture in Mail

Reaction score
Hi. All new to Mac - a real newbie O:) so here we go:
It seems that my e-mails in "Mail" appear with a photo of myself (the one I was supposed to shoot with the web cam when installing stuff at the beginning). This photo I really don't want to send around to everyone of my contacts.
- How can I get rid of it?

To send a picture of myself in every serious mail seems even more newbie than I am :D

Thanks.
Andre

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Off the top of my head I can think of two places to look. The first would be in Address Book under your card. The second would be in Accounts under System Preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
The picture only shows up in your mail app. It does not get sent with the mails you send to someone else.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The picture only shows up in your mail app. It does not get sent with the mails you send to someone else.

Roger is correct, that pic will only show on your end and not be sent to any mail recipients at all.

Reaction score
Roger is correct, that pic will only show on your end and not be sent to any mail recipients at all.

That may be true but sometimes you need to print the email and the account picture shows up when you might not want it to. Is there a way to switch this off other than taking a picture of a white square and using that as your account picture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPU 13" (Late '09); 2.53GHz 4GB; OSX 10.6.3
That may be true but sometimes you need to print the email and the account picture shows up when you might not want it to. Is there a way to switch this off other than taking a picture of a white square and using that as your account picture.

In order to turn it off, I simply went to the address book and deleted my own card (not that I needed my own address in there anyway :D)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Open Address book. Under 'Card' select either 'clear custom image' or 'Choose custom image' Under the later one, you can select image and even put special effects on the image. The image you choose will reflect on you mail for that person on the address card. I download generic male and female silhouette pics for all my contacts. It's less distracting but still give indication of their gender.

C

chas_m

Deleting your own card in Address Book = dumb idea. Address Book needs that info for a variety of purposes. Deleting the photo in it would have been more than sufficient.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPU 13" (Late '09); 2.53GHz 4GB; OSX 10.6.3
Deleting your own card in Address Book = dumb idea. Address Book needs that info for a variety of purposes. Deleting the photo in it would have been more than sufficient.

For which reasons would it need that? I was unable to "delete" the photo, did I go blind? Anyway, I haven't encountered any issues so far... And doesnt it suffice to simply remake the card then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD

Why is it important to keep your card? I've had my mac for a long time now and I've never seen a need for it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.