iMac G5 busted already after one day?

OP
D

Danster

code777 said:
UPDATE. Wow, what an ordeal. Well I got mad but I got a brand new iMac G5. This time with no scratches and the fan sounds quiet as can be!? I am wondering if I got a "used" iMacG5 before. For one the manager accused me of taking off the UPC sticker. I had no idea there was one on the box. Also there was a packaging slip on it that I never noticed (like it was going to be shipped out). So now the manager is eluding to the fact I took the UPC sticker off and put on some packing slip!?!?! Oh I got mean. I just told him why do you have to get confrontational and suspicious, i just want a working iMac G5 and I do not want this one back!" Well the tech dept. checked it out and sure enough the guy is like, "Wow, this thing is F*****" oh that's nice. So in the end I got a new iMacG5.

I think this so called Apple Rep got mad at me and gave me a used iMac G5 or maybe it was an iMac G5 that was getting ready to be shipped back to Apple! The sticker said they got that iMac G5 into their store on 12/18/04 yet the one I got today says 2/15/04. Hmmmmmm. LESSON?

DO NOT BUY AN APPLE AT CrapUSA! I'm keeping my fingers crossed guys, but this whole ordeal was just downright dumb and suspicious...

Man that sucks, I mean imagen if the iMac holded on until just outside the 1 year warrenty and completely broke down. :eek:

Thank god you got a new one and if I were you i'd go back and slash that apple reps car tyres just for the **** of it.

*Just joking Moderators......* :cool:

OP
C

code777

no idea, i'm typing on my new iMac G5 right now... Must have been a fluke but man, I just have this feeling that sales kid did something. its funny how the last two times i went back to CrapUSA (to return applecare and then iMac) he ran to the backroom. Very strange...

OP
C

code777

I am writing a letter to Larry Mondry CEO of CompUSA to explain my experience. I am sure he doesn't personally read the letter, probably someone in their consumer affairs unit does and it will probably get sent to the store manager of the store where i had the probs in but still, i find the whole experience unacceptable! Who buys a computer and on the FIRST DAY the thing does not work! And its scratched up. And the manager gives me a hard time and accuses me of taking off the UPC bar codes, etc...

Any ideas?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Companies that have 1-800 numbers usually take these things seriously. My dad is the manager of a restuarant and he hates, when gets complaints from the 1-800 numbers.

OP
C

code777

Well then, I shall mail the letter off to their corporate office / CEO - someone will deal with it. I mean it just aint right what happened... I find it hard to believe an iMac out of the box is defective. Its extreamly rare. For any computer! The whole missing UPC and packaging slip pasted on there....makes me suspicious...

OP
C

code777

Got a VM from the General Sales Manager of the CompUSA store where I got my iMac G5 from. Wow, so I guess the letter did do something. I sent it to the CEO and they must have in turn sent it to the store. The VM said that he wants to speak to me about my experience at CompUSA. So looks like they have to do a follow up if you write a complaint letter to corporate. I'll keep you guys updated on what he has to say.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Good for you code777. I told you later back that companies DO take complaints very seriously. I learned in business class that it's better to keep existing customers, and do whatever it takes to make them happy. It's a lot harder for businesses to gain new customers sometimes.

OP
C

code777

General manager called me. It was a waste of time. Please people, if you want to buy an Apple computer please order directly from Apple or go to the Apple Store. Granted I feel this way because of my bad experience with them (not all CompUSAs are CrapUSAs but the one near me is Crap) but I (personally) will NEVER set foot in any CompUSA.

Basically all the GM did was go over what I wrote in my letter. He started to say YES the Apple Rep was incorrect in telling me about the voiding of the 1yr mfg. warranty and that he will follow up with him in regards to him giving incorrect info. BUT the kicker is he told me the iMac G5 I returned DID NOT HAVE ANY SCRATCHES. Funny. I took macro pics of the scratches with my digital cam. He said, "I looked at it and its in prestine condition..." I wanted to say I have digital pics of the scratches but decided it would be a waste of energy. He also went on to say the iMac G5 I returned DOES WORK. HUH!? So after the techs checked it out and said, "yeah dude this thing is f**ked..." this GM goes back and does another test on it!?!? And now it works????

I have a feeling the executive office (where I sent the letter to) faxed him a copy of my letter and told him to follow up with me. This GM did not want to talk to me or even bother with me, just wanted to get rid of me.

He said if I'm ever in the store to look him up, yeah right. I will not spend my hard earned cash with CompUSA, they have poor customer service in the store and a shotty operation.

Boy do I wish I could go back in time. I would have bought my iMac at the Apple Store. Oh well.

OP
Z

zap2

buy from the apple store for computers made by apple [ and its one of the clostest computer stores to my house boy and lucky

OP
C

code777

Danster said:
Wow. What an amazing avatar code777

thanks, seems like everyone likes it, i got it off some site with many different avatars... but now i forgot which site it was :D

OP
F

FishStickBoy

I totally agree with you, compUSA is terrible. My experience was only a $60 mouse that didn't work, but it was still the worst shopping experience I have ever had.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
^I totally agree with you man. Before I purchased my iBook, I went to the CompUSA to check out their Demo. There are 2 Apple stores in Denver, but that is over an hour away from where I live. Anyway after going in that day, I asked the Apple Rep some questions, and she knew less about their products than I did. I also wasnt able to order my iBook with a larger HD from them, which is understandable, but stll an inconveinience. After that first day I realized that I would not be buying a computer from CompUSA. When I purchase my next Mac, which will be an iMac G5, I will order it from Apple, as I did with my iBook.

OP
C

code777

The thing that erks me the most was the rude and confrontational so called customer service manager. The first time I went back to return the Apple Care the manager gave me a hard time. Didn't even want to suggest that the so called Apple Rep told me wrong info. Total bad attitude.

Second time: returning the iMac the same manager was so confrontational and suspicious of me it just made me mad. I'm the customer so why treat me like some guy who has tons of broken iMacs in the basement who's trying to rebox them and get money back!?!?! All I wanted was a WORKING NON-SCRATCHED iMac G5. I did NOT want the same broken iMac back after their so called techs "fix" it. Is that too much to ask??? Its like driving a brand new say BMW off the lot only to have it break down on the side of the highway 6 miles away from the dealship! Or finding fine scratches all over your new car, etc... anyone would be upset.

I did not get irate at all but stated my points. GM could care less, made up stories such as the iMac that I returned works and there are NO scratches (yet I have the pics to show it).

Well the so called Apple Rep will probably get a talkin' to. Do they get a bonus or something if they sell more Apple Care??? According to the Apple Store this kid does not work for Apple Computers. He's just a CompUSA employee that went to an Apple sales certification class for a day...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.