Buying Suggestions

M

mytoyo

Hello
I'm finally getting my first Mac , a dual 500mhz G4.

The Mac currently has the Radeon 9000 the 64mb card and since I use Maya(3d Programm) I was wondering would it make a difference if i stick in a better card in this dual 500mhz?

The person I'm buying it from wants to sell the 17" flat panel with the computer all for $1,000. My question is how hard would it be to resell the 17" flat panel?

Thanks

OP
M

mytoyo

Oh sorry i didnt post the specs.

He modified the computer

G4 Dual 500mhz
Radeon 9000 64mb
2 160gig HD
2 gigs of Memory
Super Drive
17" Flat Panel
OS 10.3

I figured he was givin me a great deal.........

oh btw its $1,000 USD

Reaction score
I guess its not bad considering the ram and HDs, but do you really need that? I personally would save a little bit more and get a new iMac.

OP
M

mytoyo

He told me that the 17" flat panel can go as high as $400 which i plan to sell if i buy the G4

What really makes the computer more valueable is the programs he has in their.(Macromedia Studio 2004, Adobe Suite,Final Cut Pro)

So should i get a better video card for my 3d programs? Would their be a difference if I'm running on a dual 500?

Reaction score
mytoyo said:
He told me that the 17" flat panel can go as high as $400 which i plan to sell if i buy the G4

What really makes the computer more valueable is the programs he has in their.(Macromedia Studio 2004, Adobe Suite,Final Cut Pro)

What is the flat panel? Are you actually buying the programs or is he just leaving them installed?

OP
M

mytoyo

also can anyone give me some advice on adding a better video.

Currently the G4 has a Radeon 9000 if i put in a 9800 would i notice a difference in my 3d programs or would the dual 500mhz limit me from noticing the raw power of the 9800?

Reaction score
mytoyo said:
He is going to leave them installed

If he isn't giving you the CDs and license codes, don't pay extra for the software. Even without any software it is a good deal, 2GB ram is expensive and since it is an Apple display you could actually sell it for a decent amount.

I think you would really limit a Radeon 9800 with only having Dual 500mhz G4s.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.