Updating macbook pro

Reaction score
Hi there just recently got a used macbook pro from a friend who bought a new one. I am a graphic artist and need to use the macbook pro for adobe suite programs which can be a cpu hog at least for pc it is. Are there any upgrades I can do to the macbook pro for better performance. I will list the specs of the machine below.

2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

2 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

160 GB HardDrive

I believe it is the santarosa chipset? The macbookpro was bought in March 2008 brand new.

Thanks for the help...

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
For sure 4GB of RAM will help. Also a larger fasterHDD will help a lot. I would go for a 7,200 rpm HDD but I would wait if you are under warranty. The RAM for sure is cheap and easy to upgrade.

OP
D
Reaction score
How will I know what kinda of ram to get? is there like a certain type i can only have. Is there a ram that some one can recommend?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz core 2 duo, 4bg ram, 120g hdd
check out Crucial.com they have a system scanner you can download that will tell you exactly which RAM is compatible with your computer. i recently purchased a 4gb kit from Crucial, and i am very satisfied with it.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
You need DDR2 667 200 pin. You can just search their site.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the help? Is there anything else i can do to boost performance of the macbook pro?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.