CSS Navigation - More Than One Line

Reaction score
Hello,

for the life of me i can't seem to figure this one out. Is it possible to create a css navigation (with ul's and li's), where it stretches out horizontally across the page as normal, but...

Each link has a heading e.g. "Home", but on a line underneath theres a subtitle "visit now". I really don't want to use tables for this :(

I thought i could just insert a BR tag, or somehow wrap the subtitle in span tags, but every time i try then every link starts on a new line.

Help?

Reaction score
I didn't quite understand your question. I *think* you're saying you want a CSS horizontal menu built using the standard list method - but you want the text "visit now" beneath each menu item. I'm not sure why you'd want to do that - but to each his/her own.

I'm assuming you want the menu names (i.e. "Home" etc) to be links and the "visit now" to be plain text, correct? If so, you could probably style the top-level links as block elements to force the "visit now" text to move down beneath.

Again, sorry if I misunderstood your question. You might wish to visit CSS Play site to view many different ways of styling list menus with CSS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 Penryn 17in MBP
Would you mind creating a mockup in your favorite graphics application, that way we can "visualize" what you're saying? (unless you got it figured out)

;)

Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.