plug in

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
so i donwloaded the plug in for adobe on my new ibook. but pdf's still open in preview or something. and if i click on the page, its says its using quick time. what can i do here? thanks

M

meltbanana314

Why do you need to open PDFs in Adobe when Preview does the same thing but faster? One of OS X's native graphics technologies (called Quartz) is built right into the operating system so it makes Adobe Acrobat Reader completely redundant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
select the file, hit command +i, in the gi window, in the open with section, select prewview,
hit the button that says change all, hit ok and that should do it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
Macman said:
select the file, hit command +i, in the gi window, in the open with section, select prewview,
hit the button that says change all, hit ok and that should do it.

its not even opening it in preview. it downsizes the page. i can hardly see the letters. and i cant select it at all. or make it bigger. how do i make links open up in preview? i can get files to open up. just not links. thanks again

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry man, but i use firefox. thanks a ton though, really.

Reaction score
I could be wrong but doesn't that plug-in only work if you have Acrobat Reader installed?

M

meltbanana314

shimanok2 said:
its not even opening it in preview. it downsizes the page. i can hardly see the letters. and i cant select it at all. or make it bigger. how do i make links open up in preview? i can get files to open up. just not links. thanks again

There should be zoom in and out buttons right on the top of the Preview app (with plus and minus signs on them.)

I can get links to open up just fine... maybe because you're using Firefox as your main browser something isn't clicking together right?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i got it. i had to download a third party PDF viewer and drag it to the "internet plugins" folder while the quick time plugin wasnt there. then restart firefox and put the quicktime plugin back in and then disable quitimes PDf viewer. wheeeew. thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.