External Display - Audio Interface Problem

Reaction score
Hello guys im new in this forums and i came in looking for help.

i have a macbook pro 15" 2.53ghz, 2gb's ram, 250gb HD running leopard, and an external Samsung Display connected with a d-sub cable with the dvi-to-vga converter.
i also have and m-audio profire 610 which is a firewire 400 audio interface. the problem is that everytime the display its turned on and the interface its turned on the monitors (speakers) start making a static noise and its a worse noise if the computer its not connected to the power supply, i've tried with a hdmi-dvi cable and the noise was worst, i've tried using another dvi-to-vga adapter and it was the same...everytime the display its not conneted there is no noise it only happens when the display its connected...anyone can help me?? thanks!!!

OP
R
Reaction score
Hello guys im new in this forums and i came in looking for help.

i have a macbook pro 15" 2.53ghz, 2gb's ram, 250gb HD running leopard, and an external Samsung Display connected with a d-sub cable with the dvi-to-vga converter.
i also have and m-audio profire 610 which is a firewire 400 audio interface. the problem is that everytime the display its turned on and the interface its turned on the monitors (speakers) start making a static noise and its a worse noise if the computer its not connected to the power supply, i've tried with a hdmi-dvi cable and the noise was worst, i've tried using another dvi-to-vga adapter and it was the same...everytime the display its not conneted there is no noise it only happens when the display its connected...anyone can help me?? thanks!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.