CrashPlan Vs Time Machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D | 2.66 GHz | 2GB RAM | 300GB HDD | OSX 10.6.2
I've been using CrashPlan for a while. I just got an iMac and now I don't know which to use, CrashPlan or Time Machine? Pros and cons?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The CrashPlan web site specifically recommends using both CrashPlan and making backups to an external drive. I agree with them. In other words, use both CrashPlan for off site on line backup, and Time Machine with an external drive.

Regards.

OP
Unit134679
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D | 2.66 GHz | 2GB RAM | 300GB HDD | OSX 10.6.2
The CrashPlan web site specifically recommends using both CrashPlan and making backups to an external drive. I agree with them. In other words, use both CrashPlan for off site on line backup, and Time Machine with an external drive.

Regards.

Awesome man, thanks! I wasn't sure if Time Machine was worth it at all. I was considering just using CrashPlan for offsite and external drive backup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.