How do I transfer my stuff to my external HD?

Reaction score
external HD

Hello everyone. I have a little problem. I have MBP and it keeps telling me that my start up disk is full. I went out and bought a 2TB Lacie external HD. My ? is this. How can I transfer my itunes and photos to the external HD? I want to remove those things from the HD on my MBP so that it will free up space. I'm new at this so any help with be great. Thanks in advance.

G.:eek:

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
To transfer the data it is a simple matter of drag and drop. Just go to music/pictures and then transfer the data to the external HDD you have connected.

OP
M
Reaction score
if I want to connect my iphone, will i have to drag my itunes library back?:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.33GHz
I do the exact same thing for the exact same reason haha.

Everytime I listen to music in iTunes or sync my iPhone and Pod I just turn on my external. You can change the location of music in iTunes so it checks for the external. This way you won't have to copy it back everytime.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
If your hard drive is filling up, I recommend downloading Disk Inventory X. It will show you a visual representation of all the files on your drive. You might have a bunch of old stuff hidden away somewhere taking up a ton of space that you didn't even know about. I do this every couple months and usually free up 8-10 GB of space just in stuff I forgot to delete, like disk images, downloads, etc.

Edit: Here's the link.

Reaction score
Its so simple you can drag and drop the things which you want to transfer from one to another so good luck..

OP
M
Reaction score
I have a MBP and the start up disk is almost full(mostly from tv shows on itunes). I bought an external HD to transfer my stuff. MY question is how do I transfer my stuff and how do i delete it from my MBP HD? I have an iphone so would I have to put everything back on to the MBP HD when I sync? I've tried to call apple care but they told me not to delete the stuff from my HD. if I dont I cant do any updates or download anything anymore. Any help would be great! Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.