A few questions....

P

Phileeeeeeep

Well im just about to make that switch except i just need a few sugestions from some people on what machine would work best with me. I mostly need my computer for video editing. I will be running Final Cut Pro on the machine I get. I also need a computer to type up papers and all that college stuff. Right now I am deciding between a iMac G5, Powermac G5, or a Powerbook.I am also trying to stay around the 2200$ mark. Right now I am leaning more towards the Powerbook but I have heard things of the hinges freazing on the back and the screen frezing shut. Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
If you're using the mac as a workhorse to do large renders a dual processor G5 will help immensely. Trouble is getting, say, a dual 1.8 with at least 512RAM (or pref 1 Gb)... it will set u over your mark - even before a monitor and such. For your buck to get power and screen IMO... 1.8Ghz iMac. You get the G5 in an all around package in the price range you need with higher bus speeds than a PB. I would still suggest getting as much RAM as you can afford.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.