MAC mini specs

A

alan79

Evening Guys,

I am going to buy a Mac mini with the following any opinions/ ideas etc on the spec below?

• 512MB DDR333 SDRAM - 1 DIMM
• 40GB Ultra ATA drive
• DVD±R/CD-RW
• Internal Bluetooth Module
• Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Kits
• 56k V.92 modem
• Mac OS X

& a EyeTV 200 FireWire Digital Video Recorder by Elgato

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Looks like a nice little rig to me. The only thing I would personally change would be the hard drive size. I like having a ton of pictures, videos, and songs stored on my computer so I would use up 40Gb the day I got it, but if you think 40 will be enough for you, you will be very happy with the rest of the specs.

-Chris

OP
A

alan79

I have a 160GB and a 20gb external drive all ready to add to this and a 17" LCD monitor. Cheers for the reply bud.

Is that your scooby in the pic?

OP
E

Echo_

prob need to buy an adapter so you can use your lcd monitor cuz doesnt the mini have the adc connection or whatever its called

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Yeah. It has a DVI connector but comes with a DVI to VGA adapter, so no need to buy anything else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
alan79 said:
I have a 160GB and a 20gb external drive all ready to add to this and a 17" LCD monitor. Cheers for the reply bud.

Is that your scooby in the pic?

Yeah, that's my other toy. ;) If you already have an external drive it looks like you're good to go. You're gonna love it. :)

-Chris

OP
A

alan79

dan828 said:
Yeah. It has a DVI connector but comes with a DVI to VGA adapter, so no need to buy anything else.

Cheers all done n dusted credit cards gonna take a battering :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Echo_ said:
prob need to buy an adapter so you can use your lcd monitor cuz doesnt the mini have the adc connection or whatever its called

Apple no longer uses the ADC ports

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.