connecting to wireless router after 'archive and install'

Reaction score
So i had an issue with my mac which required an archive and install. So it saved my previous system setting etc and reinstalled my OS.

All seems to be ok except i can no longer connect to the wireless internet in my house. all the other laptops and iphones still work in the house, so nothing has been changed on the router side. I simply cannot connect. it says: "there was an error joining airport network '............' "

I was in the apple store today and was able to connect to their net. so i cant understand what the problem is.

Is it possible that it has reset some sort of setting? is there a way of wiping my network settings and starting again?

this is stressing me out so much, i feel rage "aaaaahhhhhh"

any help would be super

from

a much stresses Gareth

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like a security issue. Have you gone into your airport settings on your Mac and made sure all the settings were correct? You may have a security setting missing.... especially since nothing has changed in the router.

Were you using WEP, WPA, WPA2? Do you have a password set for your router to use wireless?

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.