Web Browser???

Z

zap2

What Browser do you use to surf the web???

I normal use Firefox but I was think about trying out another one [just so I could try something new] What should i use?? Are Camino or Mozilla any good??

Thanks

PS Please do not say use Safari or Explorer i already have them do do not like them that much.

OP
K

killer_bites

zap2 said:
What Browser do you use to surf the web???

I normal use Firefox but I was think about trying out another one [just so I could try something new] What should i use?? Are Camino or Mozilla any good??

Thanks

PS Please do not say use Safari or Explorer i already have them do do not like them that much.

What don't you like about them? Explorer on the Mac is beyond rubbish. Apple claim Safari has the fastest rendering on the Mac, but i have found Firefox on both the PC and Mac to produce fast results. Im a web developer though, so i have to use all of them :eek:

Have you tried Opera?

OP
N

nbn22385

I tried Firefox for about a day but i have been using Camino as my default since then. I occasionally use Safari but Camino is my favorite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Please don't say the word 'Opera' in context with Macs. Please! IE, Opera, and iCab are essentially worthless for Macs, from bad to worst in that order. It was valiant of Opera to try so late in the OS X browsing game, but it just doesn't cut it. IE was cutting edge when it was virtually the only option for OS X, and iCab is basically an OS 9 port. 'Nuff said there. My personal favorites are Camino and Shiira. Camino has the Gecko (Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape) rendering engine, with a beautiful cocoa interface. It's got some bugs but I love it. Shiira uses webkit like Safari, is faster than Safari, and has some other small features that I like (such as a downloads/bookmarks drawer and re-orderable tabs). Both Camino and Shiira have very nice UI in general. Additionally, Shiira has some cool options standard in its preferences, and ones you can get with Camino ExtraPrefs that enhance browsing experience a good deal. (Namely, pipelining enabled and agent spoofing.) Firefox is nice, but I like the way one developer at MoFo put it: "Whenever I'm using Firefox for OS X, I get the feeling I'm using a program that's pretending really hard to be a native Mac app."

Edit: Also, if you're looking for a goofy little browsing option that has some novel features, go to Sunrisebrowser.com and give that one a shot. It's got the ability to use transparent windows, and some other HTML source stuff that's kinda weird but neat.

Reaction score
I used to use Firefox and Safari but I recently tried Camino and I haven't used those others since. I suggest you give it a try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I mostly used safari, but recently switched to FF. omniweb is another good one. lately, FF has given me problems, so Im back to safari or omniweb.

OP
F

Ford Prefect

I just got my new PB two days ago, and I've found that Firefox for Mac is not as good as it was on my PC. I've been using Safari, and I find it fast and very nice to look at. The inteface is great. The only thing I wish it had was mouse gestures!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe
Web brouser

'Ya know, it's a 'personal" thing. Safari, Foxfiire seem to be dominant, but
it seems we all have our favorite. Use what works! :spook:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.