My MBP is running slow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
I've had my MBP for a couple years and its always run amazing until TODAY. The change has been night and day.
All of a sudden video is skipping and unwatchable, internet pages are slow to load, even as I type this there's lag for the letter to pop on the screen.

I've restarted a couple times and its still running slow for some reason. Is there anything else I can do or look at to find out what the heck's going on?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
Did I get a virus? My MBP is acting weird!

I've had my MBP for a couple years and its always run amazing until TODAY. The change has been night and day.
All of a sudden video is skipping and unwatchable, internet pages are slow to load, even as I type this there's lag for the letters to pop on the screen.

I've restarted a couple times and its still running slow for some reason. Is there anything else I can do or look at to find out what the heck's going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Try using Onyx

Titanium Software

Its free and runs various maintenance programs to clear cache and rebuild file structures etc..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Before blaming your Mac, think about the other links in the chain - the router and your ISP.

Is your ISP having problems? Have you tried restarting your router?

Reaction score
Hey try opening the terminal, run the command "top" and try to see if there are any services overloading your cpu or ram.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
Cool, thanks for all the help, I think its doing better today.

I downloaded Onyx, that seems like a great tool.

I also ran "top" and it didn't appear that any program was overusing the cpu (that's another tool I'll have to remember), but the computer was running faster today anyway.

It very well may have been my ISP or something else. Smooth sailing today.

Thanks very much for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.