IE vs Safari

M

maverick2k

I have both these browsers on my ibook. IE for mac can play videos on the browser window without downloading it but if you try the same with the Safari it downloads itself on the comp, which I don't want.

Furthermore, can anyone shed some light on the salient points of using some other browser like Mozilla firefox, Solaris etc.

How do I get to play the online videos on the safari browser without having to download it. Pardon my ignorance as I am new to the mac world and the forums are the best place to get info.

Could you guys enlighten me regarding these....

Cheerio.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
safari is great, though I no use primarily firefox. it has extensions that are like plug ins, and themes, safari is also theme-able, firefox is faster than safari, the kb shortcuts are easier, etc. the tabs in ff need improvement. please dont use IE, it sucks so much, and who really cares if it doesnt play n one window, on my safari, the specified app, when not qt, opens to display content, which I like.

OP
L

loudy149

what you should use firefox or mozzila thier much better. I mean way better.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I laugh, when everyone in my graphic design class launchs IE on the mac like it's the best or something. Darn windows users.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
mpg's and avi's open in my safari. i dont know how but they do, i think it has something to do with quicktime

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yea, whatever codecs and plugins you have for qt work almost system wide, ranging from web browsers to toast and video editing apps.
omniweb is really good, faster than safari also, but costs $$$, but its the best tabbed browsing Ive ever seen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.