FTP Sharing

Reaction score
I tried to share files to windows desktop and then I found out, that when I connect to my mac using Internet Explorer, I see only my home but when I use Total Commander, I have full access to whole filesystem. Why is it so?

The second thing I would like to know, in FTP access what does it mean "eveyone"? Is it anonymous user? First is my user, then there is "Users" (probably users on my mac) and "Everyone" should be every one ;P simply no passwd access

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
To configure FTP access with more user restrictions try Pure FTP Manger - with that you can set up specific users and control what folders they can access

PureFTPd Manager for Mac OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
the built in FTP server is fairly basic, but, as in my post, Pure FTP manager gives you full control, including anonymous access

As for the difference between IE and TC, without setting up those programs myself and testing them - I cannot say anything about how they work - I am afraid

your best bet is to use Pure FTP - so that you can truly control the access FTP clients have to your mac

OP
C
Reaction score
the built in FTP server is fairly basic, but, as in my post, Pure FTP manager gives you full control, including anonymous access

As for the difference between IE and TC, without setting up those programs myself and testing them - I cannot say anything about how they work - I am afraid

your best bet is to use Pure FTP - so that you can truly control the access FTP clients have to your mac

thank you for your suggestion

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.