G5 No Sound, Using Line Out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.5 PowerPC G5
Today after a power failure and a restart I found that I had no sound whatsoever form my Dual 2.5 PowerPC G5. Anybody have any suggestions of what to attempt to do first?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Wayne

Reaction score
That is really really strange. I too just joined today, and my first post was going to be the EXACT SAME THING! The only difference is I didn't have a power failure, but rather some "blue screen" styled test was overlapping my desktop image. Ever sence then sound wont work for me...
-no sound on myspace music
-no sound on youtube
-no sound in iTunes, as well as when I press play it clicks in but doesn't start playing
-no sound for headphones

oddly enough though, when I went to burn some music onto a CD I could get music through Toast (my burning program)

I too am on a Dual PPC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
First up run Repair Permissions in Disk Utility in the Utilities folder. If no joy boot up from the install DVD, go to Utilities, and run Repair Disk from there.

Keep us posted.

Reaction score
I got mine working. all the sound came back after I went to apple and downloaded the latest update for iTunes... as for why not having the latest update would kill the sound on web, video, and everything else is beyond me???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.