Microsoft Messenger 6.0.3 Issues - Cant send multiple messages

Reaction score
Hey, I was looking to see if I could get a little advice or support regarding Mac Messenger v.6.0.3. (Microsoft Messenger for Mac v.6.0.3. to be a little more precise)

Recently, the problem came up where I was unable to send more than one message without having to click inside the chat box before continuing typing.

For instance: I type the message 'lol' and hit enter. Now usually, I should be able to just keep typing to send another message. But since this problem came up, I have to click within the chat box (the actual typing space) to keep writing. This is really frustrating to keep having to do so before every message, and honestly, I dont know what would have caused this issue. I have not changed any settings to my knowledge, and I also have this problem with the new version, 7.x.

However, I would also like to refrain from updating because I think v.6 just looks a lot better, and since updating hasnt changed this issue, I dont see the point in doing so. With other messengers (iChat, Skype) I dont have this problem, so Im really struggling to figure out what could be causing this problem & what I can do to resolve it. Any and all feedback & support is greatly appreciated.

OP
P
Reaction score
Problem solved.. I guess, I've yet to try it, but this is a post in the Safari 4 BETA thread:

This is a strange issue, but stay with me.

I jumped at the Safari 4 Beta when it was released the other day. I installed it, started up the browser, and everything was fine. No problems.

Then I realized that my MSN Messenger for Mac started to have some really strange issues. For example, if I need to type five lines during an IM conversation, I usually type the sentence, enter, type the sentence, enter, so on and so forth, and I am sure that is what you guys do as well.

The problem for me is that I had to type the sentence, enter, CLICK ON THE TEXT BOX, type the next sentence, enter, CLICK ON THE TEXT BOX AGAIN.

Basically, whenever I have to type a few continuous lines in MSN, I have to click before I start to type.

Now, I am sure most of you are thinking that it has nothing to do with Safari 4 Beta - I thought so too. But it was the only change I made to my iMac before the problem started, so I decided to test it out.

The same thing happened on my Macbook, and THE PROBLEM went away right after I uninstalled Safari 4 Beta completely. I was able to chat normally again.

That was when I realized that the two are connected, though I have no idea how. I have tried to install and uninstall the application a few times, and it'd cripple that function in MSN every single time I do it.

What is the problem?

So technically, this problem is resolved, and I guess we'll just have to wait for a stable Safari 4.. Thought I'd post the solution for anyone else looking over this. but other than that, I guess this thread is closed.

Reaction score
the problem came even out to me, just as i installed safari beta 4....
when i uninstalled it, my msn worked properly
We must wait for the definitive release...
:)

Reaction score
According to other users If we remove safari 4 beta than both would work. But my problem is I don't know how to remove just safari beta update? I just wanted to use old safari. Help please

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.