Mac Messenger 6.0.3

Reaction score
Hey, I was looking to see if I could get a little advice or support regarding Mac Messenger v.6.0.3. (Microsoft Messenger for Mac v.6.0.3. to be a little more precise)

Recently, the problem came up where I was unable to send more than one message without having to click inside the chat box before continuing typing.

For instance: I type the message 'lol' and hit enter. Now usually, I should be able to just keep typing to send another message. But since this problem came up, I have to click within the chat box (the actual typing space) to keep writing. This is really frustrating to keep having to do so before every message, and honestly, I dont know what would have caused this issue. I have not changed any settings to my knowledge, and I also have this problem with the new version, 7.x.

However, I would also like to refrain from updating because I think v.6 just looks a lot better, and since updating hasnt changed this issue, I dont see the point in doing so. With other messengers (iChat, Skype) I dont have this problem, so Im really struggling to figure out what could be causing this problem & what I can do to resolve it. Any and all feedback & support is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
I'm not sure what you can do about your issue with the MSN messenger client, but you might consider using Adium instead which supports multiple IM networks, including the MSN/Windows Live messenger network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Have you installed Safari 4 Beta?

I read somewhere that this causes problems like the one you are experiencing. If you have Sarafi 4 comes with a uninstaller - use that to revert back to 3.

If you are still having the problem, uninstall Messenger for Mac, reinstall it and reboot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Also.. messenger for mac is on version 7 I believe, so upgrading to that may resolve the issue?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.