iBook G4 owners...buying advice needed

Reaction score
I tried to post in Buy/Sell/Trade but I'm a newbie.

Found this unit on Craigslist. We would be using it for basic surfing, emailing and downloading photos. Kids would be watching streamed videos. It's locally owned and we'll be able to check it out before buying. Mods, please move if this is in the wrong forum, I just wasn't sure which one to put it in. We were looking at getting an Apple and I thought this would be a cheap way to try it out.

Here it is:
"Apple iBook G4 for sale. Barely used at all, in very good condition. Used this unit to get acquainted to Mac OS and switched to a pricier model shortly thereafter.
14 inch LCD
1.33 GHz PowerPC
60 GB HDD
512 MB RAM (expandable)
CR-RW/DVD-ROM 8123
Airport Extreme (Wireless)
Ethernet / 56 k Modem
Mac OS X 10.3.9 installed & on Install Discs
PowerAdapter
Would ship the unit in the original box including the proof-of-purchase, handbook etc"

Asking price is $220.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
A good computer and a good price (very good price)

For streaming video you might want to up the ram and look at upgrading to Tiger or leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Loved my iBook :) up the Ram to 1 gig,
Made for Tiger OSX 10.4. and I had no problems at all running Leopard.
Make sure you have the original disks which include Tiger in the point version it came with, iLife and the Hardware Test disk.
Have fun.

OP
B
Reaction score
Sadly I never received a reply from 2 emails.

I was checking on ebay and it looks like his brother has listed it. Current bidding is at $290.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.