Hi Guys,

Just to help thing here is my setup
-----------------
PC Laptop - Windows Vista Pro

Intel MacBook Laptop

1.5 TB External harddrive

Wireless Network
------------------

I am looking for any advice in how to do the following.

- I want to install bootcamp on the macbook laptop (I know how to do that) and be able to add/edit and delete files back and forward between mac and pc mode on the same computer (I do a lot of large video file work {bigger than 4gig} so can't got to FAT 32 format either).

- I want to know the best format to have on my 1.5 External harddrive so it can be read on both MAC and PC.

- Can i run a Time Machine and Vista backup on the same partition on my external harddrive?

and finally what is the easiest way to set up a network between the Mac and the PC Laptop?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

- Budgi

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And there is no need to double post. It just clogs up the forum. Always give the thread some time (8-24 hours minimum) for those that can (and want to) help to come online. And then (maybe) bump that thread, not create a new one with the same question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Boot Camp vs. Virtual Machine

Well, I am not sure whether Boot Camp can use Shared Folders, which is probably what you need to access your Mac folders from your PC, and vice-versa. However, there is a program called VirtualBox that is basically an open-source version of Parallels or VMware Fusion. You can run multiple VMs inside VirtualBox and, if you click on the link I gave you, you can see how to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
And also, you need to have the 802.11n AirPort (the square one).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.