Macbook won't sleep when Lid is shut? Sorted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
I recently had a frustrating problem where the Macbook wouldn't sleep when i shut the lid.

I tried:

Resetting NVRAM
Resetting PRAM
Remove Battery and Reinserting
Resetting power management
Rebuilding Indexes
Repairing the Hard Drive
Clearing Cache
Removing USB devices
Disabling Bluetooth
Delete various files/software

I was going take it to the Apple Store tomorrow until I realized that to perform a certain *cough* change to my ipod touch i had applied OS X 10.5.5’s IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg to my Macbook and forgot to reapply OS X 10.5.6’s IOUSBFamily-327.4.0.pkg

I've just reapplied 10.5.6 and its sorted the problem :D

Heres where you can download it from Hardware & Drivers - Mac OS X USB Debug Kits Downloads

Reaction score
I recently had a frustrating problem where the Macbook wouldn't sleep when i shut the lid.

I was going take it to the Apple Store tomorrow until I realized that to perform a certain *cough* change to my ipod touch i had applied OS X 10.5.5’s IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg to my Macbook and forgot to reapply OS X 10.5.6’s IOUSBFamily-327.4.0.pkg

Heres where you can download it from Hardware & Drivers - Mac OS X USB Debug Kits Downloads

THANKS!!! this was driving me nuts and apple couldnt figure out what was wrong saved the day!

Reaction score

I tried:

Resetting NVRAM
Resetting PRAM
Remove Battery and Reinserting
Resetting power management
Rebuilding Indexes
Repairing the Hard Drive
Clearing Cache
Removing USB devices
Disabling Bluetooth
Delete various files/software

it's asking me to log in...?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.