iBook as an Access Point?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i was wondering if it was possible to set up my internal wireless as an access point? here is the situation: i live in a barracks. in the tv room there are 3 dsl modems. usually on weekends it gets pretty busy and cramped. if i were to set up my puter as an access point so that someone could sit on the other side of the room using their wireless through my puter while i used the wired internet. does that make sense?

thanks in advance

Dylan

Reaction score
Its possible, just go to System Prefences, then Sharing, Go to Internet, then 'Share Connection From' to Built-In ethernet, then set it to share to your wireless. There are probably some setting for your wireless card to change the network type from Ad-hoc to Infastructure, you'll want Ad-hoc. I don't know exactly how to do it because I don't have an airport card in my mac.

OP
fearlessfreap24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
we had it working and then something happened. the other person tweaked his settings and dropped the signal. thinking it was on my end, i inadvertantly set up a wireless network. now i cant get rid of the network. i tried restating the airport card and the puter, but it still opens up the network i set up. how do i delete the network?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.